Jason M. Covault
Jason Covault is a litigator who focuses on complex litigation, business disputes and business breakups, insurance company bad faith denial of claims, and catastrophic personal injury claims, including medical malpractice regarding serious mental illness, and wrongful death.
Jason’s recent cases include:
Business Disputes, Business Breakups
Insurance Companies Acting in Bad Faith
“We won our civil litigation case due entirely to Jason’s legal direction. He is a sharp and practiced attorney who blends a remarkable command of the law with the personality to sway anyone to his line of thinking.”
- Jonathan R. Hopkins,
Hopkins & Rhodes LLC
“We just beat a billion-dollar bully... This victory wouldn’t have been possible without all the hard work, experience and talent you guys bring to the table. This process was so much easier to bear, knowing I was in such good hands. And to top it off, you’re all such wonderful, kind people; I couldn’t have possibly wished for more!”
- Daniel C. Jensen, former client
Catastrophic injury and Wrongful Death
- Bicyclist struck by school bus resulting in paralysis.
- Pedestrian student leaving school struck by motorist in a crosswalk.
- Aviation student given the wrong flight plan, resulting in fatal crash.
- Railroad crossing collisions caused by the railroad’s failure to install lights and gates despite the dangerous history of the crossing.
- Dental malpractice involving severed nerves, facial paralysis, permanent loss of taste.
- Sexual assault and negligence when a religious institution fails to supervise a minister with a history of assault.
- Plastic surgery malpractice – doctor failed to comply with protocols and caused severe burns to the patient.
Jason began his legal career as a criminal prosecutor with the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office and has extensive trial experience. Prior to joining Aiken Schenk in March 2014, Jason was a litigation associate with a major regional law firm, where he primarily represented freight and passenger railroads in tort lawsuits, including Federal Employers Liability Act and grade crossing claims. The four-time Super Lawyers Rising Stars honoree has represented individual and corporate clients in a wide variety of personal injury, contract, tort, malpractice, and general litigation matters.